Altaf Hussain, Developing MPI applicaiton in Visual Studio, HPC, Message passing Applicaiton, MPI, MPI environment in Visual Studio, MPI in C++, MPI in Visual Studio, MPI in VS 2010, Paralllel Computing in VS, VS 2010 and MPI
Here are the steps:
1) First download and install Microsoft HPC pack 2008 SDK from Here and install it.
Now we have our box ready for MPI development, Now will create a solution and apply HPC settings to the solution.
Now we have to make three settings changes to let our project use the features in HPC pack:
4) Click on Project Properties: this will popup a property window:
- For “Include Directories” browse to HPC installed directories and add its “Include” directories. Default would be: C:\Program Files\Microsoft HPC Pack 2008 SDK\Include
- For Linked Directories add HPC Pack’s i386 Folder. Default would be:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft HPC Pack 2008 SDK\Lib\i386
- Now, Under Linker tab’s Additional Dependencies, add msmpi.lib.
OK, Now we have our Settings. We should now be able to compile our MPI application. You can test it by writing a simple MPI application. I might add a simple application to test MPI configured later.